Maxim Health Information Services (MHIS) is a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, the largest privately held healthcare staffing company in the nation. Being part of a large business enterprise provides the necessary resources and sound financial stability required to deliver superior medical coding and auditing services to your medical facility.
Advantages of choosing Maxim Health Information Services
Maxim Health Information Services is a leader in the Health Information Management industry. Maxim actively recruits and retains the following HIM and medical coding professionals:
- On-Site Coders
- Remote Coders
- Complete Outsourcing
- Interim Management
- Charge Description Master
We invite you to discover what makes Maxim one of the leading health information staffing agencies in the nation. Contact us today to learn how we can help you manage your staffing needs.
Read more about our services: On-Site Coders | Remote Coders | Auditors | HIM Department Outsourcing
In addition, Maxim Health Information Services (MHIS) can assist you with any of the following projects:
- Loose filing projects
- Purge projects
- Long and short-term scanning projects
On-Site Coding Support
Maxim provides the following on-site coding support:
- Inpatient (Medicare, Non-Medicare, CMS DRG & APR-DRG)
- Outpatient Surgery
- Outpatient Services including Observation
- Emergency Services (with or without E&M assignment)
- Inpatient or Outpatient Rehabilitation setting
- Nursing home and long-term care setting
- Inpatient or Outpatient Psychiatric setting
- Home Health Agencies
- Public sector facilities (Dept of Defense, Dept of Veterans' Affairs, State & County facilities)
- All specialties
- Office or Clinic setting
- Outpatient or Inpatient professional services
- Urgent Care Centers
- Freestanding Radiology Centers
- E&M Services
- Freestanding laboratories
- Federal or State Government Agencies (CMS, NCHS, State Medicaid Departments)
- Professional Organizations (AHIMA, CPC, AHA, AMA)
- Insurance Companies
- Durable Medical Equipment Companies
Find out more about how Maxim Health Information Services can help provide a solution for your on-site coding staffing needs. Contact Maxim Health Information Services for more information.
Remote Medical Coding Support
In addition to on-site coding support, Maxim provides remote coding support for facilities, including Coding on Demand! Our Coding on Demand! program provides your health system with dedicated scan technicians who will scan the medical records you provide and make them electronically available to a coder. Our program allows us to scan and code any type of medical record including inpatient discharges, observation services, emergency department services, outpatient/ancillary services and same day surgery. We do the scanning- not your department. We can offer you savings of 20% or more off the rates of travel coders.
Maxim offers the following deliverables for remote coding support:
- Remote access to encoder for entering all codes.
- Work area for scan technician including a 5x2 desk/table.
- High-speed Internet access for scan technician.
- Staff to collect, assemble and analyze medical records for scanning ensuring as complete a record as possible.
- Ensure approximately 60 medical records are available for scanning each day.
- Designate a point of contact to serve as liaison between the medical facility health system and Maxim staff.
Find out more about how Maxim Health Information Services can help provide a solution for your remote medical coding staffing needs. Contact Maxim Staffing Solutions for more information.
Medical Coding Audit Service
Maxim also offers auditing services. Auditing services include:
- Retrospective or Concurrent audits
- Focus on both Physician and facility
- Inpatient facility – including CMS DRG and APR-DRG
- Outpatient facility – including APC, OP Surgery, ER
- Physician – E&M Services
- Physician – All specialties
- Physician – Inpatient or Outpatient professional services
- State required audits including HSCRC APR-DRG Audits (Maryland)
No auditing job is too small or too large for Maxim. Our comprehensive auditing program is customized to meet your needs and expectations. At a minimum, the following are included:
- A written report of our findings and recommendations including a summary report, audit spreadsheets (password-protected)
- Trending and analysis of coding errors identified
- Trending and analysis by coder/provider
- Exit conference with pertinent leadership
- A 1-2 hour training session for coding staff to discuss audit results
- Certified and qualified auditor(s)
- Expert management team
Find out more about how Maxim Health Information Services can help improve your current medical record documentation and coding processes. Contact Maxim Staffing Solutions for more information.
HIM Departmental Outsourcing
Maxim also offers HIM outsourcing. Whether you are looking to outsource coding, transcription, or the entire HIM department, Maxim offers cost-effective solutions.
Our HIM Departmental Outsourcing services include:
- Interim Management (Directors, Assistant Directors, Coding Supervisors, Transcription Supervisors, Clerical Staff Supervisors)
- Technical Staff (Coders, Transcriptionists, Tumor Registrars or Technicians)
- Clerical Staff (Release of Information, File Room, Assembly and Analysis, Chart Processing, Scan Technicians)
Find out more about how Maxim Health Information Services can help provide a cost-effective solution to your Health Information Management needs. Contact Maxim Staffing Solutions for more information.
Visit the Maxim Health Information Services Web site.