The Unit Secretary/Medical Secretary performs secretarial procedures under the direction of the charge nurse, office manager, or designee.
• Answers incoming calls.
• Manages incoming and outgoing mail, per facilities policies.
• Files, documents, as assigned.
• Completes and maintains medical records, as assigned.
• Notifies the nurse/physician of incoming emergency/urgent telephone calls.
• Greets patients and has them fill out appropriate forms/papers as directed.
• Places telephone calls, as directed.
• Maintains patient confidentiality.
• Performs duties, as assigned, in an accurate and timely manner.
• Orders laboratory, radiology, special procedures, treatments and therapeutic tests, as ordered, and report results in a timely manner.
• Transcription of physician order(s) in a precise and accurate manner.
• Orders appropriate treatments, procedure, therapy in a timely manner.
• Promotes and participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications.
• Arrives on time and reports to the appropriate area prior to the start of shift.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or its equivalent.
• Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
• Good telephone communication skills.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, medical procedures, and clerical functions, including computer competency.
• Prefer one year experience as a unit secretary within the last three years or evidence of program completion.
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
• Current PPD or Chest x-ray.
• Successful completion of Maxim screening test with a score of 80% or greater.
• Must meet all of Maxim’s pre-employment screening requirements
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.