Maxim Staffing Solutions offers a variety of medical hospital tech jobs. We offer contract, temp-to-perm, per diem, travel, and direct hire surgical tech job opportunities in the Allied health field. As an employee of Maxim you can enjoy working with a variety of patients in some of the most prestigious medical facilities nationwide.
Apply for one of our surgical tech jobs today or read a brief description about the responsibilities for this job.
Surgical Technologist Jobs
Also called Operating Room Technicians, Surgical Technologists assist in operations under the supervision of surgeons or Registered Nurses. Before an operation, Surgical Technologists help set up the operating room with surgical instruments, equipment, sterile linens, and fluids such as saline (a salt solution), or glucose (a sugar solution). They perform any combination of tasks before, during, and after surgery to assist the surgical team. Some job duties of a Surgical Technologist may include:
- Placing equipment and supplies in operating room and arranging instruments according to instructions
- Assisting team members to place and position patient on table
- Scrubbing arms and hands and donning gown and gloves
- Aiding team to don gowns and gloves
- Maintaining supply of fluids, such as plasma, saline, blood, and glucose for use during operation
- Handing instruments and supplies to surgeon, holding retractors, cutting sutures, and performing other tasks as directed by the surgeon during operation
- Putting dressings on patient following surgery
- Counting sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation
- Washing and sterilizing equipment, using germicides and sterilizers
- Cleaning operating room
- Other duties as assigned
We invite you to discover what makes Maxim one of the leading medical staffing agencies in the nation. Search our surgical technologist jobs for available contract, temp-to-perm, per diem, or direct hire positions.