Maxim Staffing Solutions offers a variety of laboratory jobs and other scientific jobs. We offer contract, temp-to-perm, per diem, and direct hire chemist job opportunities in the Allied health field. As an employee of Maxim you can enjoy working with a variety of patients in some of the most prestigious medical facilities nationwide.
Apply for one of our chemist jobs today or read a brief description about the responsibilities for this job.
Conducts qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis or chemical experiments in laboratories for quality or process control, or to develop new products or knowledge. Job duties for a Chemist may include:
- Preparing test solutions, compounds, and reagents for laboratory personnel to conduct tests
- Analyzing organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties, composition, structure, relationships, and reactions, utilizing chromatography, spectroscopy, and spectrophotometry techniques
- Compiling and analyzing test information to determine process or equipment operating efficiency, and to diagnose malfunctions
- Developing, improving, and customizing products, equipment, formulas, processes and analytical methods
- Conferring with scientists and engineers to conduct analysis of research projects, interpret test results or develop non-standard tests
- Directing, coordinating and advising personnel in test procedures for analyzing components and physical properties of materials
- Inducing changes in composition of substances by introducing heat, light, energy and chemical catalysts for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Writing technical papers and reports, and preparing standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products and tests
- Studying effects of various methods of processing, preserving and packaging on composition and properties of food
- Adhering to all Maxim and worksite rules, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned such as IABP, power injector, temporary pacer, biopsy and sterile equipment/catheters/balloons/wires handoffs, running blood oximetry for cardiac output
- Assisting physician with EP Diagnostic and Mapping systems which includes Carto, EPMed and ESI
- Maintaining sterile procedures and infectious controls, observing all fluid patency of catheters, balloons and manifolds; assisting according to physician direction
- Performing functions in the control room, operating the X-ray equipment and hemodynamic monitoring equipment, reporting EKG readings, blood pressure, heart rate, pulse ox changes, recording homodynamic pressures accordingly, scanning pertinent patient and procedural information into hemodynamic system, assisting with X-ray equipment and transferring images to digital archive
- Adhering to all Maxim and work site rules, policies and procedure
- Other duties as assigned
We invite you to discover what makes Maxim one of the leading medical staffing agencies in the nation. Search our lab and scientific jobs for available contract, temp-to-perm, per diem or direct hire chemist jobs.