Maxim Staffing Solutions offers a variety of laboratory jobs and other scientific jobs. We offer contract, temp-to-perm, per diem, and direct hire cytology job opportunities in the Allied health field. As an employee of Maxim you can enjoy working with a variety of patients in some of the most prestigious medical facilities nationwide.
Apply for one of our cytology jobs today or read a brief description about the responsibilities for this job.
Cytotechnologists coordinate and participate in specialized and complex technical tasks involved in screening slides of clinical specimens to detect evidence of cancer or other pathological conditions. Job duties for a Cytotechnologist may include:
- Coordinating and participating in specialized and complex technical tasks involved in screening slides of clinical specimens for evidence of cancer or other pathological conditions to include marking abnormalities, recording diagnoses and filing cases for subsequent review with pathologist
- Coordinating technical activities in the cytology preparatory laboratory and monitoring day-to-day activities of the cytology laboratory
- Reviewing patient history for each case, coordinating files of slides, diagnosis and laboratory reports, maintaining files of teaching slides for cytology students
- Evaluating collected laboratory data and preparing reports setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations for conclusions
- Making work assignments, ensuring adequate manning for performance of laboratory tasks; reviewing work of lower level employees, assisting in the training of new personnel
- Performing additional duties: Cytopreparation, computer liaison, daily lab workflow coordination for cytoprep and screening
- Other duties as assigned
We invite you to discover what makes Maxim one of the leading medical staffing agencies in the nation. Search our lab and scientific jobs for available contract, temp-to-perm, per diem or direct hire cytotechnologist jobs.