Maxim Staffing Solutions offers a variety of laboratory jobs and other scientific jobs. We offer contract, temp-to-perm, per diem, and direct hire phlebotomist job opportunities in the Allied health field. As an employee of Maxim you can enjoy working with a variety of patients in some of the most prestigious medical facilities nationwide.
Apply for one of our phlebotomist jobs today or read a brief description about the responsibilities for this job.
Basic lab position. The Phlebotomist draws blood from patients or donors in hospital, blood bank or similar facility for analysis or other medical purposes. Job duties for a phlebotomist may include:
- Assembling equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton and alcohol on work tray according to requirements for specified tests or procedures
- Verifying or recording identity of patient or donor and conversing with patient or donor to allay fear of procedure
- Applying tourniquet to arm, locating accessible vein, swabbing puncture area with antiseptic, and inserting needles into vein to draw blood into collection tube or bag
- Withdrawing needle, applying treatment to puncture site, and labeling and storing blood container for subsequent processing
- Observing all facility and laboratory policies and safety practices; maintaining a safe, clean and prepared work area
- Other duties as assigned
We invite you to discover what makes Maxim one of the leading medical staffing agencies in the nation. Search our lab and scientific jobs for available contract, temp-to-perm, per diem or direct hire phlebotomist career opportunities.