Maxim Staffing Solutions offers a variety of medical imaging jobs. We offer contract, temp-to-perm, per diem, and direct hire CT tech job opportunities in the Allied health field. As an employee of Maxim you can enjoy working with a variety of patients in some of the most prestigious medical facilities nationwide.
Apply for one of our CT Tech jobs today or read a brief description about the responsibilities for this job.
CT Technologist Jobs
CT Technologists are sometimes referred to as CAT Scan Techs (Computerized Axial Tomography) or CT Techs. The CT Technologist must be ARRT (CT) or ASRT certified. Most states require licensure. CT Tech jobs involve imaging anatomical information from a cross-sectional plane of the body, with each image generated by a computer synthesis of x-ray transmission data obtained in many different directions in a given plane. A CT Tech performs obstetric and gynecological scans, ultrasound techniques and examinations, abdominal scans, retroperitoneal scans, and radiation therapy localization. A CT Tech obtains patient history, explains standard procedures, addresses patient concerns, and performs a variety of specialized tasks involved in the performance of CT scans. Some job duties of a CT Technologist may include:
- Positioning patients for CT scans using immobilization and protective equipment as necessary
- Appropriately setting the controls of the related equipment, monitoring equipment and patient, making adjustments as necessary
- Assisting radiologist with imaging procedures, starting IVs, and injecting contrast, if applicable
- Dispensing oral contrast to patients for CT scans
- Assisting radiologist with interventional CT procedures
- Evaluating CT scans for technical quality, collating processed images in sequence of exposure and appropriately labeling
- Scheduling patients for procedures and assisting with some clerical functions
- Charging procedures and supplies used to the patient record
- Loading and operating power injections for contrast media administration
- Maintaining accurate patient records for all procedures performed, maintaining patient confidentiality, and adhering to all HIPAA standards
We invite you to discover what makes Maxim one of the leading medical imaging staffing agencies in the nation. Search our imaging jobs for available contract, temp-to-perm, per diem or direct hire CT technologist jobs.