Maxim Staffing Solutions offers a variety of medical imaging jobs. We offer contract, temp-to-perm, per diem, and direct hire echo tech job opportunities in the Allied health field. As an employee of Maxim you can enjoy working with a variety of patients in some of the most prestigious medical facilities nationwide.
Apply for one of our Echo Tech Jobs today or read a brief description about the responsibilities for this job.
Echo Technologist Jobs
An Echo Technologist, also known as a Echo Tech, performs a sonograph that creates an image of the heart and its abnormalities using an instrument that in a painless and noninvasive manner employs the differential transmission and reflection of ultrasonic waves to image structural and functional abnormalities of the heart. Some job duties of an Echo Technologist may include:
- Performing diagnostic cardiovascular and echocardiography ultrasound examinations according to Department procedures
- Locating and recording internal elements of the body, including blood vessels and organs, and identifying any anomalies indicative of disease, injury, or other medically significant conditions
- Performing imaging and non-imaging cardiovascular evaluations, including exercise tolerance tests, Holter monitoring, event recorders, electrocardiograms, stress tests, and transesophageal echocardiography
- Adjusting equipment and calming patient to eliminate test artifacts
- Monitoring the patient for potentially dangerous physical and emotional changes
- Recognizing abnormal rhythms and immediately notifying Physician
- Evaluating test results for clarity and accuracy; reviewing tests with peers
- Informing Physicians of preliminary findings as requested, and according to Department procedures
- Distributing completed test results to Physicians and service providers
- Maintaining patient charts, entering diagnosis and billing codes, logging data into patient information systems, and updating file systems for tests performed
- Cleaning and sterilizing equipment and work space
- Recognizing equipment malfunctions and readjusting equipment or writing referrals for repair
- Instructing patients in pretest preparation, answering questions, and explaining procedures
We invite you to discover what makes Maxim one of the leading medical imaging staffing agencies in the nation. Search our imaging jobs for available contract, temp-to-perm, per diem or direct hire Echo technologist jobs.