Maxim Staffing Solutions offers a variety of medical imaging jobs. We offer contract, temp-to-perm, per diem, and direct hire MRI Tech jobs opportunities in the Allied health field. As an employee of Maxim you can enjoy working with a variety of patients in some of the most prestigious medical facilities nationwide.
Apply for one of our MRI Tech jobs today or read a brief description about the responsibilities for this job.
MRI Tech Jobs
The MRI Technologist, also known as a Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist, must be ARRT (M) or ASRT certified. Most states require licensure. A MRI Technologist uses magnetic resonance imaging scanners and related equipment to capture specific images ordered by a Physician to aid in patient diagnosis. Some job duties for a MRI Technologist may include:
- Performing MRI examinations of the brain, body, spine, and extremities on patients of all ages, effectively adjusting scanning parameters for different patient body habitus
- Selecting and modifying technical factors to enhance images using flare and SAT imaging techniques. Determining appropriate equipment for scanning up to but not limited to body coils
- Closely following a Physician’s instructions, preparing and operating MRI equipment, positioning patients correctly, and effectively recording the requested diagnostic images
- Identifying gross pathology in the human body and adjusting T1 and T2 scanning parameters to provide pertinent information for interpretation. Adjusting parameters of equipment to minimize risk factors to self and patient
- Performing Diffusion studies, MR Angiograms, reformats, and MIP imaging. Performing specialized exams
- Using magnetic resonance and adjusting parameters to minimize exposure to patient and self
- Following established protocols and using scanning techniques to include window and contrast levels, scanning time sequences, scanning delays, scanning thickness, FOV, scout images, reformatting, images reconstruct and 3-D image reconstruct
- Photographing, archiving, and retrieving images
- Performing quality control for procedures and equipment. Documenting systems failures and variances in the appropriate logbook and arranging for service when necessary
- Starting and removing IV lines for contrast studies per established departmental policy and procedure. Identifying and responding to IV contrast reactions up to and including calling emergency personnel
- Proficient in using IV Contrast Power Injector
- Identifying each patient, reviewing each patient's requisition and previous studies for consistency (examination ordered/clinical diagnosis), and recording pertinent data on MRI requisition at all times
- Performing comprehensive screening of patients and other individuals before allowing them to enter the MR system room
- Reviewing each examination for technical accuracy, presenting completed examination to radiologist, and communicating pertinent data to persons responsible for the care of the patient following the procedure
- Identifying anatomical orientation on all required images and ensuring proper film identification on all images
- Maintaining daily patient MRI log documenting patient information to ensure the quality of patient care, i.e., type and amount of contrast used
- Performing computer skills and showing working knowledge of patient orders, status changes, patient charges, and profiles
We invite you to discover what makes Maxim one of the leading medical imaging staffing agencies in the nation. Search our imaging jobs for available contract, temp-to-perm, per diem or direct hire MRI technologist jobs.