Maxim Staffing Solutions offers a variety of medical imaging jobs. We offer contract, temp-to-perm, per diem, and direct hire ultrasound tech job opportunities in the Allied health field. As an employee of Maxim you can enjoy working with a variety of patients in some of the most prestigious medical facilities nationwide.
Apply for one of our ultrasound tech jobs today or read a brief description about the responsibilities for this job.
Ultrasound Technologist Jobs
These are basic ultrasound positions. The Ultrasound Technologists must be ARDMS registered. Most states have licensure. The Ultrasound Technologists performs a variety of specialized technical tasks utilizing high frequency ultrasound waves to assist with the detection of anatomical abnormalities. Job duties of an Ultrasound Technologist may include:
- Performing a variety of complex specialized tasks utilizing ultrasonic high frequency sound waves to detect abnormalities including masses, abscesses, and stones. Assisting Physicians with biopsy procedures; guiding biopsy instruments using sonographic techniques
- Utilizing accessory equipment such as transducers, multi-format cameras, printers, and PACS workstations
- Preparing patients for procedures, explaining procedures to patients.
- Reporting changes in patient condition to medical staff.
- Providing an oral and written summary of preliminary findings to the radiologist.
- Maintaining patient records in division
- Evaluating quality of sonograms. Determining if additional sonograms or ultrasound procedures are indicated.
- Charging procedures and supplies in RIS.
- Archiving and de-archiving ultrasound data and Orienting new ultrasonographers.
- Providing education and training to new sonographers.
- Performing other related duties incidental to the work therein.
- Performing ultrasound procedures, doppler vascular examinations, abdominal studies, and color-flow ultrasound, OB-GYN procedures as required
- Collaborating in quality control of equipment and filming and obtaining service as required
- Demonstrating proficiency in the performance of ultrasound procedures
- Providing direction and instruction to existing personnel and training to new sonographers
- Acting in a team leader or leadership capacity on an as needed basis
- Ensuring correct charging of ultrasound procedures and supplies on a daily basis
We invite you to discover what makes Maxim one of the leading medical imaging staffing agencies in the nation. Search our imaging jobs for available contract, temp-to-perm, per diem or direct hire ultrasound technologist jobs.