Maxim Staffing Solutions is dedicated to providing a level of service to our clients that has paved the way to rewarding nuclear medicine technologist job opportunities in the field of radiology. We offer contract, temp-to-perm, per diem, and direct placement Nuclear Medicine positions. As a Maxim employee you can enjoy working with a variety of patients in some of the most prestigious medical facilities nationwide.
Apply for one of our nuclear medicine technologist jobs today or read a brief description about the responsibilities for this job.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist Jobs
Must be ARRT (N), CNMT, and/or NMTCB. In nuclear medicine, radionuclides – unstable atoms that emit radiation spontaneously – are used to diagnose and treat disease. The Nuclear Medicine Technologists, sometimes referred to as the Nuclear Med Tech, operates cameras that detect and map the radioactive drug in the patient's body to create an image on photographic film. They perform all nuclear medicine procedures, demonstrate anatomy under investigation through proper patient positioning, technique selection, administration of radiopharmaceuticals and application of immobilization and radiation protection devices. They also participate in a variety of technical tasks, tests and determinations involving the utilization of radioactive materials and measurement instrumentation. Some of the job duties of a Nuclear Medicine Technologist may include:
- Receiving consultation requests, checking for special instructions from the requesting physician, consulting with the radiologist as necessary
- Pleasantly greeting patients, confirming their identification and correctness of the procedure. Introducing self and completely explaining the examination procedure to the patient and family, if present
- Coordinating and participating in a variety of technical procedures, including in vivo and in vitro studies; operating radiation detection and measurement instrumentation including stationary imaging devices, scintillation gamma and other apparatus for in vitro counting
- Calibrating and preparing radiopharmaceutical materials for administration to patients; formulating radiopharmaceutical materials from pre-prepared kits
- Calibrating instruments and reviewing calibration data to detect any instrument malfunction
- Calculating data to include results of patient studies and radioactive decay
- Evaluating recorded images for technical quality
- Processing computerized image data to include function curves and reconstructed SPECT images
- Assuming care of patient of all ages during an examination, initiating life support measures for patient if necessary
- Maintaining inventory of supplies in assigned area; preparing and maintaining records concerning radiopharmaceutical receiving, dispensing and disposal activities
- Maintaining records of order, including brachytherapy procedures, receipt and disposal of all radioactive material in the department
- Providing some instruction and technical guidance to radiologic technology students or other advanced imaging techs; assisting with training new employees
- Monitoring the Nuclear Medicine Department with a portable Geiger Counter to detect any radioactive possible contamination
- Performing Nuclear Cardiology studies including image acquisition and processing and monitoring patient vital signs
We invite you to discover what makes Maxim one of the leading radiology staffing agencies in the nation. Search our radiology jobs for available contract, temp-to-perm, per diem or direct hire nuclear med tech jobs.