Maxim Staffing Solutions is dedicated to providing a level of service to our clients that has paved the way to rewarding radiation therapy job opportunities in the field of radiology. We offer contract, temp-to-perm, per diem, and direct placement Radiation Therapy positions. As a Maxim employee you can enjoy working with a variety of patients in some of the most prestigious medical facilities nationwide.
Apply for one of our radiation therapy jobs today or read a brief description about the responsibilities for this job.
Radiation Therapist Jobs
ARRT (T) Certified. Radiation Therapists work with radiation oncologists. They administer the daily radiation treatment under the doctor’s prescription and supervision. They maintain daily records and regularly check the treatment machines to make sure they are working properly. Job duties of a Radiation Therapist may include:
- Accurately delivering the prescribed planned course of radiation therapy with minimal supervision
- Checking prescription, diagnosis, chart and patient identification
- Explaining procedure to patient, means of communication during treatment and procedure to follow if emergency arises during treatment
- Reinforcing Radiation Oncologist's advice to patient regarding reactions to treatment and their care
- Preparing room and equipment for patient according to prescription regarding immobilization devices, field size, treatment distance, lead protection devices, etc.
- Transferring patient safely to treatment couch, giving special care to catheters, intravenous drips, etc.
- Checking daily treatment time and delivering prescribed dose
- Maintaining visual and audible communication with the patient during treatment
- Maintaining patient markings. Observing patient for unusual reactions and events and reporting accurate information to the nursing staff and/or Radiation Oncologist
- Observing radiation safety measures for patient and personnel
- Performing simulations
- Assisting in tumor localization procedures, preparation of immobilization devices, etc.
- Assisting in dosimetry procedures (i.e. prescription calculations)
- Obtaining weekly port films and presenting such at chart rounds for review by Radiation Oncology staff
- Maintaining records of daily treatment and other records as required by department quality assurance and quality improvement activities
- Performing mold room duties. (DRH and RCH)
- Reporting erratic operation of equipment to Chief Radiation therapist, Radiation Physicist and/or Medical Engineer
We invite you to discover what makes Maxim one of the leading radiology staffing agencies in the nation. Search our radiology jobs for available contract, temp-to-perm, per diem or direct hire radiation therapist jobs.