We have an upcoming need with Amazon for 4 full time EMT’s in their Patterson and Tracy, CA warehouses.
Per Amazon policy, they must have EMT onsite for their warehouse workers, around the clock. Most contracts will be full time with overtime. This seasonal work will run from Oct 13 – mid Jan. This is great work for an EMT coming off of fire season and looking for supplemental work.
Administers first-aid treatment to and transports sick or injured persons to a medical facility, working as a member of the emergency medical team.
• Responds to instructions from emergency medical dispatcher and drives specially equipped emergency vehicle to specified location.
• Monitors communication equipment to maintain contact with dispatcher.
• Removes or assists in the removal of victims from the scene of an accident or catastrophe.
• Determines the nature and extent of illness or injury, or magnitude of catastrophe, to establish first aid procedures to be followed or the need for additional assistance, bases decisions on statements of persons involved, the examination of victim or victims, and knowledge of emergency medical practice.
• Administers prescribed first-aid treatment at site of emergency, or in specially equipped vehicle.
• Applies splints, administration of oxygen, treatment of minor wounds or abrasions, or administration of artificial resuscitation.
• Communicates with professional medical personnel at emergency treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and to arrange for reception of victims at treatment facilities.
• Assists treatment center admitting personnel to obtain and record information related to victims’ vital statistics and circumstances of emergency.
• Maintains vehicles and medical and communication equipment and replenishes first-aid equipment and supplies.
• May also assist in controlling crowds, protecting valuables, or performing other duties at the scene of a catastrophe.
• May assist professional medical personnel in emergency treatment administered at a medical facility.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or its equivalent.
• Current BLS card. ACLS/PALS per contract requirement.
• Certified/Licensed per State Requirement and/or Contract Requirement or Proof of Certification from an approved EMT Certification Program.
• Drivers License within the state of accomplished practice.
• Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
• Successful completion of screening test for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the EMT practices with a score of 80% or greater.
• Full command, verbal and written, of English Language.
• Must meet all of Maxim’s pre-employment screening requirements.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.