We have an open 13 week Radiologic/CT Tech assignment open in Crescent City, CA. Get out of the heat and get to the beach. It’s going to be 72 degrees all week!
The Radiologic/CT Tech will produce computerized tomography scanner radiographs of specific areas as required. Perform obstetric and gynecological scans, ultrasound techniques, examinations, abdominal scans, retroperitoneal scans, and radiation therapy localization. Obtains patient history, explains standard procedures, and addresses patient concerns. Also perform a variety of specialized tasks involved in the performance of CT scans.
• Varied Shifts (days, evenings, nights – 8 hours)
• 13 week contract
• 40 hours per week
• ability to call off 1 shift per every two weeks,
• CA CRT license
• American Heart BLS
• Fluoroscopy Cert
of CT scans.
• Perform complex specialized tasks associated with the operation of CT scanners and related equipment in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
• Positions patients for CT scans using immobilization and protective equipment as necessary.
• Appropriately sets the controls of the relate equipment; monitors equipment and patient; makes adjustments as necessary
• Assist radiologist with imaging procedures, starting IV's, and injecting contrast, if applicable.
• May dispense oral contrast to patients for CT scans.
• Assist radiologist with interventional CT procedures.
• Evaluate CT scans for technical quality, collate processed images in sequence of exposure and appropriately label.
• May be responsible for scheduling patients for procedures and assisting with some clerical functions.
• Charges procedures and supplies used to the patient record
• Load and operate power injections for contrast media administration.
• Maintain accurate patient records for all procedures performed; maintains patient confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA standards.
• Adheres to all Maxim and worksite rules, policies and procedures
• May perform other duties as required or deemed necessary by Maxim and/or the client/supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Completion of a 24-month AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology program preferred.
• One (1) year of experience as a CAT Tech preferred.
• Appropriate valid state licensure.
• A.R.R.T. (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) Certification, if required by state regulations or contract specifications.
• Must be accurate, attentive to detail and able to follow directions.
• Thorough knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology and medical terminology
• Must have good interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work calmly and accurately.
• Successfully pass all Maxim screening exams with a score of 80% or greater.
• Must meet Maxim's pre-employment screening requirements.
• Current physical exam, if required by state regulations or contract specifications.
• Current TB test or chest x-ray.
• Current BLS as required by state regulation or contract specific requirements.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.