Positions Available: MSW (inpatient hospital setting)
Requirements : 1 Full year within the last 3 years, 1 year of inpatient experience highly preferred
Schedule: 6 month contract, Monday-Friday day shift position
The Clinical Social Worker – Per Diem fills in during staff absences, providing relief coverage wherever assigned. The Clinical Social Worker – Per Diem provides biopsychosocial assessment, crisis intervention, short term counseling, and linkage with resources for patients and their families, and may facilitate education and support groups. This position provides consultation on psychosocial aspects of care as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team. The Clinical Social Worker provides psychosocial services for patients and family members of all ages, in any patient care setting as assigned by the Social Work & Palliative Care Director or designee. Assists case managers with complex social situations.
I. Performs bio-psychosocial assessments and treatment planning for patients and families.
• In a timely manner, gathers appropriate data and formulates relevant assessment of patient and family’s medical, social, and emotional situations using effective interviewing techniques, consultation with healthcare team and chart review.
• Establishes and periodically revises the treatment plan on the basis of comprehensive and ongoing psychosocial assessment of patient/family's concerns, strengths, needs, clinical impressions, and issues specific to spiritual and cultural values.
• Appropriately gathers data reflective of the patient's and family's developmental stages. Effectively incorporates data including age-specific needs into assessment and treatment planning for patients of all ages.
II. Provides direct clinical services, which ma include individual and family counseling, crisis intervention, facilitating education and support groups and linkage with resources to patients, families, and staff as indicated by bio-psychosocial assessment and treatment plan
• Establishes rapport, communicates effectively and empowers patients/families with diverse cultural norms and spiritual values to maximize and/or develop productive coping mechanisms, behaviors and thought processes.
• Identifies and effectively deals with resistance and conflict in work with clients (including patients, families, healthcare team members and community representatives). Appropriately intervenes to decrease tension and assist clients in evaluating non-productive behaviors, thought processes and coping mechanisms.
• Demonstrates self-awareness by recognizing and monitoring the effects of personal values, boundaries, sensitivities and emotions. Flexibly and effectively intervenes with emotionally charged issues, conflicts and atypical situations.
• Demonstrates knowledge of community resources. Effectively educates patient/family about community resources, and provides linkage between patient/family and appropriate services for the population served.
• Complete and accurate reports and statistics within 24 hours of stated deadline.
• Submits patient billing forms, miscellaneous department and personnel forms (e.g., time cards, time off/schedule change, reimbursement, continuing education, LOA requests), and other information requests or reports to the department, other departments, and community agencies in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
III. Documents in the patient record and other hospital/department records in an accurate, concise, and timely manner.
• Maintains accurate, current, legible patient records using approved forms and format. Documents all assessments, plans, interventions, patient/family involvement, outside agency communication, interdisciplinary contacts and case closure according to social work and patient care area standards.
• Complies with all documentation and reporting requirements for risk management, mandated reporting and other medical/legal situations, in a manner consistent with confidentiality
• Master's degree from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
• Experience in a hospital setting is preferred.
• Strong clinical skills in biopsychosocial assessment, crisis intervention, counseling, interdisciplinary collaboration and linkage with resources.
• Knowledge of child, elder and dependent adult abuse and domestic violence reporting requirements and other significant regulations affecting clinical social work practice (e.g. Tarasoff, patient-psychotherapist privilege).
• Knowledge of suicidal behavior, and the skills necessary to assess lethality, and to develop appropriate treatment plans.
• Knowledge and understanding of human behavior and communication, psychotherapy, case management, and the influence of cultural and spiritual values in social work practice.
• Knowledge and skills necessary to provide psychosocial care appropriate to the age-specific needs of newborns, children, adolescents, adults and elders.
• Knowledge of individual and family development over the life span.
• Knowledge of palliative care and the psychosocial needs of the patient and family at end-of-life.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.
Related Keywords: rehabilitation, social counselor, social worker, clinical worker, LCSW, CSW, case provider, LCPC, LPC, social services provider, MSW, licensed social worker, licensed clinical social worker