Tele-Tech - Several Positions - Travel Available 5-6 Months
West Des Moines, IA 50266
Wednesday, February 05, 2014
Back to listing page
Maxim Healthcare Staff is hiring several Telemetry Technicians for the Veterans Administration in Des Moines, Iowa.
The Telemetry Technician assumes responsibility for watching the Telemetry monitors continuously.
Identifies basic and lethal rhythms, maintain EKG monitor alarms on, identify an artifact, and respond to all alarms and immediately notify licensed nurses of significant change, condition or rhythm.
Runs EKG strips every shift as well as providing an initial EKG interpretation including: rate, rhythm, PR, QRS, QTc, ST segment and T wave alterations.
Monitors other alarms (pulse-ox) and call lights as requested.
Conducts handoff at the beginning and end of the each shift with the RN and the relieving Telemetry Technician.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent; Prior EKG experience and training
required; Knowledge of medical terms.
NTA Certification preferred.
One year recent experience preferred. Travel opportunities available.
4-6 month assignment.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Mishka at 855-217-7140. Several positions available. Resumes reviewed immediately upon receipt.
• Current Monitor Technician certification.
• Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
• Prefer one year of monitor technician acute care hospital clinical experience within the last three years.
• Current CPR card.
• Current PPD or Chest x-Ray.
• Successful completion of Maxim screening test with a score of 80% or greater.
• Must meet all of Maxim’s pre-employment screening requirements
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.