Our pharmacy team is looking for a highly motivated, qualified, Pharmacy Services Tech-Specialist to join the Pharmacy Operations team. This position will be based in our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN. We are looking for team members that possess high-energy, a strong work ethic, integrity, who are kind and empathetic, have a sense of humor, and who enjoy working for a collaborative, team-oriented system. This position will also play key part of executing our strategic vision for our team.
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of prior authorization (PA) requests. The Pharmacy Services Tech-Spec will receive and process inbound calls, faxes and any other defined method of PA request transmission from providers to process PA requests. The Pharmacy Services Tech-Spec will also be responsible for providing support to pharmacists in our Medication Therapy Management (MTM) and Population Health Programs, as well as support for escalated or complex issues into the help desk.
Required Qualifications (Tech I/II)
• Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT), licensed practical nurse (LPN) or medical assistant (MA)
• 2+ years of practice experience in health plan or PBM.
• Licensed Pharmacy Technician to practice in assigned jurisdiction(s)
• Solid PC skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Required Qualifications (Tech II)
• Demonstrated pharmacy subject expertise in Medicare Part D, Medicaid and Commercial product lines and Medical Pharmacy Coverage determinations
• 5+ years practice experience in BOTH an ambulatory care setting AND a health plan/PBM or 10+ years in health plan/PBM
• 2+ years of functional leadership to Pharmacy Service programs or processes
Preferred Qualifications (Technician I/II)
• 2+ year experience with PBM claim adjudication systems
Skills and Behavioral Attributes
• Excellent oral and written communications skills a must.
• Strong customer focus with commitment to providing excellent customer service.
• Ability to identify and interpret drug names, indications and doses, and other detailed clinical information.
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment including scheduling flexibility with the ability to work evening and weekend hours.
• Very good interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills
• Committed to team-oriented work environment
• Strong work ethic built on a foundation of proactivity
• Committed to the practice of inquiry and listening
• Navigate ambiguity with structured problem-solving and decision-making
• Analytic with the capability to assist in transforming data & trends into actionable insight
• Flexible with the ability to function in a fast paced environment and able to meet scheduled deadlines and department goals
• Can prepare, package, and distribute medications prescribed by physicians.
• Completes paperwork and computer related duties.
• Assists pharmacists, physicians, nursing and clinical personnel with pharmacy services.
• Maintains department facilities, equipment, and materials in a condition to promote efficiency, health, comfort, and safety of patients and staff.
• Checks equipment, supplies and accessories on a regular daily basis.
• Keeps supplies current and replenished.
• Processes prescriptions, evaluates for quality and accurate patient identification and side labeling.
• High School diploma or its equivalent certification.
• Graduate of accredited Pharmacy Technology Program preferred.
• PTCB or NPTA license preferred.
• Minimum of one year relevant experience preferred.
• Current Health Certificate per contract or state specific regulation.
• Current PPD or Chest X-ray.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.
Pharmacy, pharmacy tech, drug, medication, pharmacy technician, prescription, secretarial, administrative, clerical, clerk, admin., receptionist, assistant, data entry, data-entry, front-desk, secretary, front desk