Assist an Eye Center physician and other technical support personnel to perform diagnostic tests necessary for evaluation of patient eye problems.
• Performs preliminary screening examinations for physician review including, but not limited to, central and peripheral visual field tests; ocular motility tests; color vision tests; pharmacological pupil tests; tonometry, tonography and tension tonography tests to determine intraocular pressure and pupil testing for size, equality and reaction prior to dilation.
• Examines the cornea, lens and anterior chamber of the eye using a slit lamp and note variations from normal.
• Measures acuity of patient, with and without glasses, for distance and near vision; obtain optical and lensometry measurements to determine lens prescription and correct acuity problems; record findings on patient chart.
• Certification as an Ophthalmic Technician by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO) preferred and/or per state requirements.
• One (1) year of experience as an Ophthalmic Technician preferred.
• Current BLS card.
• Current physical exam, if required by state regulations or contract specifications.
• Current TB test or chest x-ray.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Friendly Staff Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.
r.n., rn, registered nurse, nursing, er, emergency, practical nurse, medical assistant, eye, medication, medical, medical care, health, health care, surgical assistant, OR, operating room, surgical, surgery, surgical technologist, surgical tech, ophthalmology, COA, certified ophthalmic assistant, COT, certified ophthalmic technician