The Psychologist plans, conducts and coordinates all aspects of diagnostic assessment, evaluations and therapeutic interventions. The psychologist must demonstrate professional knowledge of, and skill in applying a wide range of theories, principles, and methodologies of the practice of Psychology; to a wide range of populations. The Psychologist is an independent practitioner.
• Performs therapy, counseling and / or case management with prisoners on the treatment team caseload in individual or group setting.
• Therapy may include supportive and other directive techniques as deemed therapeutically appropriate, along with educational and cognitive – behavioral techniques.
• Provides crisis intervention / emergency suicide interventions and evaluations.
• Documents treatment provided on appropriate forms in the medical record in a timely manner as required by policy directive, operating procedure or supervisor.
• Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an accredited college or university with a curriculum in Psychology approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) and transcripts must be included with application.
• Completion of an APA accredited internship under a licensed Psychologist.
• Current valid unrestricted license to practice in the specialty of Psychology.
• Certified documentation of education, training and license per contract requirement.
• Documentation of experience per contract requirement.
• Current BLS certification.
• Minimum of (1) one year relevant work experience preferred.
• Successful completion of Maxim background screening and hiring process.
• Successful completion of Maxim screening exam(s) with a passing score of 80% or greater.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
-Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
-Positive Work Environment and Friendly Staff Bonuses
-Travel Benefits (as applicable)
-24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.
psychology, counselor, mental health therapist, mental health clinician, therapy, psychotherapist clinician, psychiatrist, psychiatric