Looking to hire for PRN work at facilities across St. Louis.
Perform a variety of specialized technical tasks utilizing high frequency ultrasound waves to assist with the detection of anatomical abnormalities.
• Perform a variety of complex specialized tasks utilizing ultrasonic high frequency sound waves to detect abnormalities including masses, abscesses, and stones. Assist physicians with biopsy procedures, guiding biopsy instrument using sonographic techniques.
• Utilize accessory equipment such as transducers, multi-format cameras, printers, and PACS workstations.
• Prepare patients for procedures, explain procedures to patients. Report changes in patient condition to medical staff. Provide an oral and written summary of preliminary findings to the radiologist. Evaluate quality of sonograms. Determine if additional sonograms or ultrasound procedures are indicated.
• A certification from an accredited ultrasound/sonography school related field preferred.
• Prefer at least one year of experience as an ultrasound technician/sonographer preferred.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Current BLS card.
• Current TB test or chest x-ray.
• Current physical exam per state or contract requirements.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Friendly Staff Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.
Related Keywords: beam-restrictive, radiation exposure, x-ray, emergency, er, fluoroscopic, diagnostic, radiology, radiologist, sonographer, sonography, US, ultrasound