Performs routine tests in a medical laboratory to provide data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
• Conducts quantitative and qualitative chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood, urine, and spinal fluid, under the supervision of a Medical Technologist.
• Performs blood counts, using microscope.
• Conducts blood tests for transfusion purposes.
• May draw blood from patient’s finger, ear lobe, or vein, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
• High School diploma or its equivalent.
• Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
• Successful completion of Laboratory Technician training with subsequent certification as a Laboratory Technician preferred.
• Successful completion of screening test for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the Lab Technician practices with a score of 80% or higher.
• Current Copy Health Certificate (Contract Specific)
• Current PPD (Contract Specific)
• Must meet all of Maxim’s pre-employment screening requirements.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Friendly Staff Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.
Related Keywords: clinical, diagnostic, medical, health care, medical lab technologist, lab. tech., MLT-C