An individual who is licensed under the laws of the state as a Speech Pathologist. In collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team, develops a plan of care for each speech pathology patient. Provides skilled speech pathology services to patients with speech, language and/or hearing deficits in accordance with physician's orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides skilled speech therapy services/interventions in accordance with physician orders.
• Assesses patient needs; plans for, evaluates and modifies care to meet goals of the speech therapy
• Collaborates with all disciplines to plan and evaluate team goals for each patient.
• Instructs patient/family/caregivers on patient's total speech therapy program.
• Advises, consults and instructs members of the multi-disciplinary team in specific speech therapy
modalities and interventions.
• Observes and reports patient progress and/or changes in patient status to physician and appropriate
multi-disciplinary team members.
• Other duties as assigned
• Current state license as a Speech - Language Pathologist.
• Graduate of Speech Pathologist program accredited by the American Speech and Hearing Association,
and holds or is eligible for a certificate of clinical competence granted by the American Speech and
• Minimum of one year experience in an acute care facility, out-patient setting, community health service,
home health agency or private practice in the past two years preferred.
• Current CPR card.
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
• Current PPD or Chest x-ray.
• Successful completion of Maxim Staffing Solutions testing process.
• Successful completion of background screening and hiring process.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements:
• May work at off-site facility/ client site
• May be exposed to blood-borne pathogens, chemotherapeutic and toxic chemicals
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Friendly Staff Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.
Related Keywords: medical, medical care, health, health care, pathologist, speech, speech language pathologist, speech pathologist, speech pathology, speech therapist, speech therapy, MA/MS CCC-SLP, MA/MS CCC-AUD, CFY, speech language therapist