We are currently seeking a part time Laboratory Director for a new testing facility in the Allison Park, PA area. This opportunity offers a great working environment, new technology, flexibility, and competitive pay. Apply today to learn more about these new working options in your area.
The specialized lab gets referrals from Oncologists on cancer patients and provides them with a sample of cancerous tumors. The lab will receive the tumors, run the appropriate tests, and then the Lab Director will sign off on the tests. After this is completed the information is submitted back to the Oncologist who can submit the finding and final outcomes. This will not be testing to find out information about a patient, rather the lab is gathering information that is used to find better ways to treat future diseases.
Locations: Allison Park
Part time Hours: 2-3 days per week
Must have a Doctorate Degree in Biomedical Sciences
Must be board certified from one of the follow 7 accreditations: ABB, ABCC, ABFT, ABHI, ABMG, ABMLI, ABMM, or NRCC.
Must have experience preparing and submitting a CLIA application
Must be able to sign off on Patient Reports
Must have experience processing tumor samples
Apply today and call Lindsey Rymarowicz at 412-505-0514 to confirm the receipt of your application and resume.
• Provides diagnostic and therapeutic information or products.
• Student preparation.
• Improve services by planning, organizing, implementing, and conducting the human, fiscal, and physical resources of the hospital laboratory clinical department.
• Budget monitoring and resolution.
• Project management.
• Quality control.
• Inventory management.
• Managing pre-analytical and technical operations.
• Master of Science and 4 years experience or Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology or equivalent and 5 years management experience.
• General knowledge of laboratory operations including Human Resource Management, Financial
• Management, Quality Improvement, and Contract Negotiation.
• Incumbent must have experience managing a customer service operation.
• Successful completion of Maxim hiring process.
• Successful completion of Maxim background screening process.
• Successful completion of specialty screening test with a score of 80% or greater.
• PPD and Physical per state and/or contract requirement.
• Full command, both verbal and written, of the English language.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.