Implement occupational therapy services for patients under the supervision of an occupational therapist, with services including treatment, standardized assessment data and documentation.
Nationally recognized as a Top 10 Hospital of Choice for inpatient and outpatient services.
One of the largest hospital in the Inland Northwest dedicated solely to medical rehabilitation. With a complete continuum of care, our staff have the ability to practice, train and excel in a full range of settings. Our staff work across several different care settings, including acute care hospitals, acute inpatient rehabilitation, transitional care units in skilled nursing, outpatient rehabilitation and home health care. Employees at St. Luke's improve their patient's lives by focusing on wellness, strengthening, recovery and healing. Every day, our employees are both passionate and compassionate about positively impacting patients' lives.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Graduate of an accredited occupational or occupational therapy assistant school
Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Washington, or eligible
Experience with electronic medical record documentation standards and utilization preferred
Our mission is to be a resource for health and wellness, in order to optimize the potential for a full and productive life. We serve individuals and their families requiring expertise in medical rehabilitation. St. Luke's Rehabilitation Institute seeks to provide value to those served by treating the whole person with regard to physical, intellectual, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs in order to restore to their fullest potential the capacity for living. Excellence of care will take place in an atmosphere of compassion, reverence and integrity. St. Luke's Rehabilitation Institute is a service line of Inland Northwest Health Services (INHS). INHS is a non-profit corporation in Spokane, Washington providing collaboration in health care services on behalf of the community and its member organizations Providence Health Care and Empire Health Foundation.
Essential Requirements for All Levels:
•Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, and squat for prolonged periods.
•Ability to push and pull objects up to 30 pounds, unassisted, on a frequent basis
•Ability to lift objects up to 30 pounds, unassisted, on a frequent basis (up to 50 pounds occasionally)
•Ability to carry objects up to 20 pounds, unassisted, on a frequent basis
•Full use of gross and fine motor skills of the upper and lower extremities (i.e., treatments, writing notations, operating bed wheel locks, etc.).
•Ability to read charts and testing equipment.
• Demonstrate and articulate sound clinical reasoning in treatment planning, implementation and monitoring of patient progress.
• Recognize when standard patient protocols or treatment plans need modification to meet individual patient needs & reports to therapist.
• Understand the role of therapy in the context of the patient's age, total needs perspective and environment
• Perform age appropriate advanced competency skills in area of practice and with respect to individual patient's problems.
• Assess the learning needs and capabilities of patients and caregivers with regard to age, level of understanding & emotional status.
• Associate's degree in occupational therapy preferred and/or state requirements.
• Prefer at least one year of experience in occupational therapy assistant preferred.
• Must pass all Maxim screening tests with 80% or greater.
• Must pass criminal background screening.
• Current BLS card.
• Current physical exam per state or contract regulations.
• Current TB test or chest x-ray.
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Friendly Staff Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.
Related Keywords: physical therapy, manual therapy, orthopedic, PT P.T., acute care, rehabilitation, medical, medical care, health, health care, COTA, OT, occupational therapy