Maxim Government Services is seeking qualified Registered Nurses (RN) for our client, the Richmond Veterans Affairs Medical Center in the Surgical ICU. The VA Medical Center is located at 1201 Broad Rock Blvd, Richmond, VA 23249.
Schedules vary, and may include Monday-Friday 8 hour day shifts, or weekday and weekend shift either 8 or 12 evening/night shifts.
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Courtney Hetzer at 855-214-9113 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Intensive Care Unit Duties include but not limited:
• Conduct bedside rounds with off-going nurse on assigned patients. Check off IV’s (site, rate, solution), dressing drainage tubes, respiratory devices (ventilators etc.), and special communications including patients’ service and physician.
• Administer medications and observing for therapeutic effects.
• Administration of IV solutions as required.
• Transfuse blood and blood products.
• Initiate venipuncture for lab work or IV therapy as appropriate.
• Obtain blood specimens from arterial lines. Verify and report lab results to physician.
• Maintain arterial and thermo dilution catheter lines as necessary.
• Have a minimum of 12 months full-time experience within the last three years working in the respective specialty.
• Have a current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in any one of the 50 States.
• Maintain certification in BLS and ACLS.
• Ability to provide exceptional patient care in a collaborative work environment.
The following benefits are offered with employment:
• Paid Federal Holidays
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Welfare Benefits, if applicable
• 401K Savings Plan
• Direct Deposit
• Competitive Wages