Maxim Government Services is seeking Physician Services at Employee Health Center at One Skyline Tower, Suite 101, 5107 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22041. Services are requested for fifteen (15) hours weekly from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Monday through Friday.
Federal contractors can work under any active, unrestricted state license. For more information, please contact Kim Herrmann at 877-529-8016 or email email@example.com for more details. Please include your CV for reference.
STATEMENT OF WORK
I. OBJECTIVE: To acquire services of a physician to provide clinical and advisory health services as the medical officer in the Employee Health Center (EHC) located at specified sites.
II. OVERVIEW: The Medical Office (MO) provides various services to Social Security Administration (SSA) employees, contractors, and visitors. EHC staff evaluates emergent and non-emergent occupational and non-work related injuries and illnesses. The EHC staff renders basic first aid in emergencies until the patient can be transported to a facility capable of dealing with the patient’s particular medical condition. When indicated, staff administers medications per standing medical orders and allergy and other therapeutic injections when prescribed by an employee’s private physician, with the concurrence of the medical officer. The EHC may conduct health promotion programs and immunization campaigns. EHC staff counsel and educate employees about health issues experienced by the worker. Physician staff also provides medical guidance regarding reasonable accommodation, leave, and various threats to health in the workplace. EHC staff is expected to perform any other professional activity requested by the MO while on duty.
III. SCOPE: Contractor shall provide a physician to perform the following duties under the direction of the SSA MO:
• Provide medical assessments for EHC patients upon request.
• Provide emergency medical response and stabilization to SSA employees, other Federal employees, contractors, and visitors in cases of serious injury or illness that occur during physician work hours.
• In cases beyond the capabilities of the EHC, the physician will advise the nursing staff when referral of these employees to the appropriate medical facility is necessary for further evaluation and treatment.
• Review all orders written by the employee’s private physician for treatments (e.g. therapeutic injections and wound care), and other requests. Approve or deny as appropriate based on the prevailing standard of care, the capabilities of the EHC, and consistent with SSA MO Guidelines regarding the SSA Form 5072 (Section D, Attachment 5) before the EHC nurses implement them.
• Oversee the local allergy immunotherapy activities and be present in the EHC during the time that allergy injections are given by the nurses, and afterward for 30 minutes.
• Provide health education and promotion to audiences including EHC staff, employees, and others upon request by the SSA MO.
• Prepare opinions regarding issues such as reasonable accommodation, leave, infectious diseases, and others as requested by the SSA MO. An opinion generally requires review of medical documentation and research of relevant medical literature.
• Prepare fact sheets regarding various medical topics as requested by the SSA MO.
• Research medical topics as requested by SSA MO.
• Perform any other professional activities requested by the SSA MO while on duty.
• Maintain proficiency through continuing medical education in specific tasks covered under this task order.
• Participate in conferences or teleconferences scheduled by the SSA MO.
• Document arrival and departure times per SSA MO per section VI below.
• Complete monthly activity log (Section D, Attachment 3)
• Provide written and oral expert testimony on behalf of agency
Contractor shall provide each physician with a copy of this list of duties.
IV. (A) QUALIFICATIONS: Contractor shall provide a physician who is:
• Currently licensed (valid and unrestricted) to practice medicine in a state or territory of the United States or the District of Columbia.
• Currently registered with the National Provider Identifier Registration.
• Currently certified by the American Heart Association or a comparable certifying body in Basic Life Support and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) for Healthcare Providers and Advance Cardiac Life Support.
• Currently board certified in internal medicine, family practice, occupational medicine, or emergency medicine (preferred) with at least three years’ experience treating work-related injuries and illnesses. Excellent English skills in reading, analyzing medical documents, and writing professional opinions.
(B) SPECIAL SKILLS: In addition to the qualifications required above SSA encourages contractors to provide physicians that possess the special skills below and have exercised them in the last ten years. This is to help ensure that the proposed physician will meet the requirements of the position successfully.
1. Demonstrated experience supervising employees.
2. Demonstrated experience performing independent, unbiased analyses. Acceptable examples would include Independent Medical Evaluations (IME) or disability determinations.
3. Demonstrated experience providing written and oral testimony in defense of his or her medical opinion.
4. Evidence of having written articles published in US based professional journals.
V. SITE-SPECIFIC INFORMATION:
ODAR Headquarters (SSA)
Employee Health Center
One Skyline Tower
5107 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22041
Contractor shall provide the services of a physician four (4) hours each day from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., two (2) days per week on Wednesday and Thursday.
For more information, please contact Kim Herrmann at 877-529-8016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Please include your CV for reference.