Maxim Staffing Solutions offers a variety of medical imaging jobs. We offer contract, temp-to-perm, per diem, and direct hire special procedures tech jobs opportunities in the Allied health field. As an employee of Maxim you can enjoy working with a variety of patients in some of the most prestigious medical facilities nationwide.
Apply for one of our Special Procedures Tech jobs today or read a brief description about the responsibilities for this job.
Special Procedures Technologist Jobs
Similar to Cath Lab Tech, Special Procedures Technologists are ARRT (CV) or RCIS within ARDMS Certified. Some job duties of a Special Procedures Technologist may include:
- Operating diagnostic imaging equipment to produce contrast enhanced radiographs of heart and cardiovascular system (angio-cardiograms) during cardiac catheterization to aid Physician in diagnostic evaluation and treatment
- Positioning and immobilizing patient on examining table, using head and shoulder braces, and following specified protocols
- Entering technical factors determined by protocol such as amount and quality of radiation beam, and specified filming sequence into computer
- Raising and lowering examining table and manipulating and positioning x-ray tube in response to instructions from Physician
- Starting automatic injection of contrast medium into blood vessels of patient
- Activate fluoroscope and 35 mm motion picture camera (cinefluorography) to produce images that assist Physician in guiding catheter through cardiovascular system of patient
- Observing gauges, recorder, and video screens of multi-channel data analysis system that indicate blood pressure, cardiac output, and respiration during imaging of cardiovascular system
- Alerting Physician to changes in patient responses. May assist Physician in interventional procedures, such as instilling enzymes or inserting balloon in blood vessels to remove plaque or other blockage
We invite you to discover what makes Maxim one of the leading medical imaging staffing agencies in the nation. Search our imaging jobs for available contract, temp-to-perm, per diem or direct hire special procedures technologist jobs.