Effective as of January 1, 2023
Last Updated: April 25, 2023
NOTICE AT COLLECTION FOR CALIFORNIA EMPLOYEES AND CANDIDATES
Job candidates and employees who reside in California may have rights regarding their “Personal Information” as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (Collectively “CCPA”). This Notice describes how Maxim Healthcare Staffing Services, Inc. (“Maxim”) collects, uses, shares, and retains your Personal Information as part of its business operations, including when you apply for a job, accept an offer of employment, or are engaged as an independent contractor on behalf of Maxim, or provide services on behalf of Maxim to Maxim’s customers or clients.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Below are the types of Personal Information we may collect from you:
- Identifiers (name, alias, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number)
- Unique personal identifiers (device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym or user alias)
- Other type of state identification card number
- Telephone number
- Other financial information (bank account and routing number)
- Physical characteristics or description
- Medical information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (browsing history; search history; and information regarding consumer’s interaction with website, application or advertisement)
- Geolocation data
- Education information
- Professional or employment-related information (including employment history)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (race, color, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age (40 and older), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, disability (mental and physical including HIV/AIDS, cancer, and genetic characteristics), citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (genetic characteristics, cancer or a record or history of cancer), military or veteran status
- Consumer’s account log-in, or credentials allowing access to an account’
- Precise geolocation
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
We collect Personal Information directly from California residents and from internet service providers, data analytics providers, government entities, operating systems and platforms, social networks. We do not collect all categories of Personal Information from each source.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our business purposes for collecting and using your Personal Information include human resources, employment, benefits administration, health and safety, and compliance. Many of these business purposes require that we disclose your Personal Information to third parties such as clients and service providers.
For example, Maxim collects and uses your Personal Information as appropriate to:
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Recruit and evaluate applicants and candidates for employment
- Conduct background checks
- Engage clients or customers for employment opportunities for job applicants and candidates
- Manage candidate or employee employment relationships with Maxim, including for:
- timekeeping, payroll, and expense reports;
- employee benefits;
- employee training and development;
- the creation, maintenance, and security of your online employee accounts;
- reaching your emergency contacts when needed, such as when you are not reachable or are injured or ill;
- workers’ compensation claims management;
- employee job performance, including goals and performance reviews, promotions, discipline, and termination; and
- other human resources purposes.
- Contact you regarding our products and services that we feel may be of interest to you, or to respond to your inquiries or comments when you have contacted us;
- Communicate with you about our Sites or Services or to inform you of any changes to our Sites or Services;
- Provide services or support as you requested;
- Maintain and improve our Sites and Services;
- Protect the security and integrity of our Sites and Services;
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
- Fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it, or any other purpose we deem necessary or appropriate;
- Perform workforce analytics, data analytics, and benchmarking
- Administer and maintain the Company’s operations, including for safety
- Comply with applicable law, and exercise or defend the legal duties or rights of the Company and others, including its employees, affiliates, customers, contractors, service providers, and others, including its employees, affiliates, customers, contractors, service providers, and agents.
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties|
|Unique personal identifiers (device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias); geolocation data||Business sales development teams and business data analytics providers to understand the visitors to our Site(s) and to improve the delivery of our services through use and understanding of business analytics|
We shared Personal Information to third parties for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Advancing our commercial or economic interests, such as by inducing another person to buy, join, subscribe to, provide, information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction.
YOUR CCPA RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
(1) The right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, including the categories of Personal Information, the categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing Personal Information (if applicable), the categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information (if applicable), and the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
(2) The right to delete Personal Information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
(3) The right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you;
(4) If we sell or share Personal Information, the right to opt out of the sale or sharing;
(5) If we use or disclose sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those allowed by the CCPA and its regulations, the right to limit our use or disclosure; and
(6) The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by Maxim for the exercise of privacy rights the CCPA confers.
How to Submit a Request to Know, Delete, and/or Correct
You may submit a request to know, delete, and/or correct by emailing us at [email protected] or by calling us toll free at 1-866-469-9449.
If you are submitting a request on behalf of a California resident, please submit the request through one of the designated methods discussed above. After submitting the request, we will require additional information to verify your authority to act on behalf of the California resident.
Our Process for Verifying a Request to Know, Delete, and/or Correct
We will comply with your request upon verification of your identity and, to the extent applicable, the identity of the California resident on whose behalf you are making such request. We will verify your identity either to a “reasonable degree of certainty” or a “reasonably high degree of certainty” depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the risk of harm to you by unauthorized disclosure, deletion, or correction as applicable.
For requests to access categories of Personal Information and for requests to delete or correct Personal Information that is not sensitive and does not pose a risk of harm by unauthorized deletion or correction, we will verify your identity to a “reasonable degree of certainty” by verifying at least two data points that you previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities.
For requests to access specific pieces of Personal Information or for requests to delete or correct Personal Information that is sensitive and poses a risk of harm by unauthorized deletion or correction, we will verify your identity to a “reasonably high degree of certainty” by verifying at least three pieces of Personal Information you previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities. In addition, you must submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury stating that you are the individual whose Personal Information is being requested.
Right to Opt Out of Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you have the right to direct us to stop selling or sharing your Personal Information. You may submit a request to [email protected].
SHINE THE LIGHT LAW
We do not disclose personal information obtained through our Sites or Services to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, we have no obligations under California Civil Code § 1798.83.
If you have any questions about this Notice or need to access this Notice in an alternative format, please contact Maxim’s Privacy Officer at [email protected] or toll-free at 844-469-9449.