Effective as of January 1, 2023
Last Updated August 2, 2023
- Personal Data We Collect Online
- How We Use Your Personal Data
- How We Share Your Personal Data
- Universal Opt-Out Mechanisms
- Third Party Links
- Children’s Privacy
- Your State Privacy Rights and Additional Disclosures
- Notice to California Residents
- How to Contact Us
We collect personal data from you through your use of the Sites and Services. Personal data is information that is linked or reasonably linkable to an identified or identifiable individual. We collect the following types of personal data:
Personal Data You Provide
Depending on how you interact with our Site and Services, we will collect the following personal data that you voluntarily provide to us for the following services:
- Apply. If you apply for a job, we will collect your name, email address, telephone number, city, and state. We also will collect professional and educational information such as your education history and professional accreditation records, references, test results (e.g., medical, fitness, psychological and drug/alcohol), financial information (to pay you), and information contained in your resume/CV. You may choose to provide us with your gender, race, veteran status, and disability status.
- Join Our Talent Network. If you join our talent network, we will collect your name, email address, telephone number, areas of interest, city, state, and preferred work setting.
- Job Alerts. If you subscribe to receive job alerts, we will collect your email address.
- Maxim Time Clock. If you use our Maxim Time Clock service, we will collect your username and password. To the extent applicable, we also will collect other information such as your timecard information.
- Find Talent. If you use our Find Talent service to contact us, we will collect your name, email address, telephone number, company name, zip code, your reason for contacting us, and any additional information you may choose to provide.
- Tailored Job Recommendations. If you choose to get a tailored job recommendation, we will collect your resume, LinkedIn, Facebook, or Google account information, your most recent job title, your name, email, and phone number.
- Contact Us. If you use our contact us webform, we will collect your name, email address, telephone number, company name, zip code, and any additional information you chose to provide.
Personal Data as You Navigate Our Sites
We automatically collect certain Personally Identifiable Information through your use of the Sites and Services, such as the following:
- Usage Information. For example, the pages on the Sites you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Sites.
- Device Information. For example, hardware model, operating system, application version number, and browser.
- Mobile Device Information. Aggregated information about whether the Site is accessed via a mobile device or tablet, the device type, and the carrier.
- Location Information. Location information from Site visitors on a city-regional basis.
Personal Data We Collect About You from Other Sources
In some cases, we may receive personal data about you from other sources. This includes internet service providers, data analytics providers, government entities, operating systems and platforms, and social networks.
In addition to the purposes stated above, we may use all the personal data we collect in accordance with applicable law such as to:
- Maintain and improve our Sites and Services;
- Protect the security and integrity of our Sites and Services;
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
- Fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it;
- For any purpose that is reasonably necessary to or compatible with the original purpose for which we collected the personal data as disclosed to you; and
- Comply with applicable law.
We may share the information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- With vendors who perform data or Site-related services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.);
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our or a third party’s legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- With any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal data where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal data;
- With any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale, equity transaction, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, or in preparation for any of these events;
- With any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure; and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the personal data or for any other purpose we deem necessary, including to protect the health or safety of others.
The Sites recognize the Global Privacy Control (“GPC”) signal. If you are using a browser setting or plug-in that sends an opt-out preference signal to each website you visit, we will treat that as a valid request to opt out. To download and use a browser supporting the GPC browser signal, click here: https://globalprivacycontrol.org/orgs. If you choose to use the GPC signal, you will need to turn it on for each supported browser or browser extension you use.
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Sites do not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the personal data we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
The Sites may contain links that will let you leave the Sites and access another website. Linked websites are not under our control. We accept no responsibility or liability for these other websites.
The Sites and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under 13.
Depending on the state in which you reside, you may have certain privacy rights regarding your personal data. If you are a California resident, please see our “Notice to California Residents” section below. For other state residents, your privacy rights may include (if applicable):
- The right to confirm whether or not we are processing your personal data and to access such personal data;
- The right to obtain a copy of your personal data that we collected from and/or about you in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows you to transmit the information to another controller without hindrance, where the processing is carried out by automated means;
- The right to delete personal data that we collected from and/or about you, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right to correct inaccurate personal data that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right, if applicable, to opt out of the processing of your personal data for purposes of (1) targeted advertising; (2) the “sale” of your personal data (as that term is defined by applicable law); and (3) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you;
- If we are required by applicable law to obtain your consent to process sensitive personal data, the right to withdraw your consent; and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your privacy rights.
To exercise your rights, please submit a request by emailing us at [email protected] or by calling us at 1-866-469-9449. If legally required, we will comply with your request upon verification of your identity and, to the extent applicable, the identity of the individual on whose behalf you are making such request. To do so, we will ask you to verify data points based on information we have in our records. If you are submitting a request on behalf of another individual, please use the same contact methods described above. If we refuse to take action regarding your request, you may appeal our decision by emailing us at [email protected] or by calling us at 1-866-469-9449.
The CCPA defines “personal information” to mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available, deidentified or aggregated information or lawfully obtained, truthful information that is a matter of public concern. For purposes of this “Notice to California Residents” section we will refer to this information as “Personal Information.”
Notice at Collection of Personal Information
- Identifiers (name, alias, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number)
- Unique personal identifiers (device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym or user alias)
- Other type of state identification card number
- Telephone number
- Other financial information (bank account and routing number)
- Physical characteristics or description
- Medical information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (browsing history; search history; and information regarding consumer’s interaction with website, application or advertisement)
- Geolocation data
- Education information
- Professional or employment-related information (including employment history)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (race, color, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age (40 and older), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, disability (mental and physical including HIV/AIDS, cancer, and genetic characteristics), citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (genetic characteristics, cancer or a record or history of cancer), military or veteran status
- Consumer’s account log-in, or credentials allowing access to an account
- Precise geolocation
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
We collect Personal Information directly from California residents and from internet service providers, data analytics providers, government entities, operating systems and platforms, and social networks. We do not collect all categories of Personal Information from each source.
In addition to the purposes stated above in the Section “How We Use Your Personal Data” we currently collect and have collected the above categories of Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards
- Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of the consumer’s Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, nonpersonalized advertising shown as part of a consumer’s current interaction with us, provided that the consumer’s Personal Information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about the consumer or otherwise alter the consumer’s experience outside the current interaction with us
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, providing analytic services
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality a service that is owned or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service that is owned or controlled by us
- Advancing our commercial or economic interests, such as by inducing another person to buy, join, subscribe to, provide information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction
Sale, Sharing, and Disclosure of Personal Information
|Category of Personal Information
|Categories of Third Parties
|Unique personal identifiers (device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias); geolocation data
|Business sales development teams and business data analytics providers to understand the visitors to our Site(s) and to improve the delivery of our services through use and understanding of business analytics
We sold or shared Personal Information to third parties to advance our commercial and economic interests.
|Category of Personal Information
|Categories of Recipients
|Name, Social Security number, address, phone number, driver’s license number, educational information, professional and employment-related information (work experience, certifications, licensure), background information, medical information, other type of state identification card number, and work eligibility information
|Potential employers or potential customers, for purposes of placing individuals at worksites or fulfilling job requisitions. Customers process such information in accordance with their own policies and procedures.
Vendors and other service providers to assist us in providing our Services, including vendors who support our systems, marketing efforts, business development efforts, background check vendors, attorneys, and accountants. These vendors may have access to your Personal Information only as necessary to perform their individual job functions, and may only use that information for the purpose of providing specific services as requested by us.
Maxim Healthcare Staffing Services’ subsidiaries may have access to your information for purposes of staffing and recruitment services. These subsidiaries are under common control by Maxim Healthcare Staffing Services.
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
|Potential employers or potential customers, for purposes of placing individuals at worksites or fulfilling job requisitions. Customers will process such information in accordance with their own policies and procedures.
We disclosed Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer services, processing or fulfilling recruitment services verifying customer information, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business.
We do not knowingly collect, sell or share the Personal Information of consumers under 16 years of age. We do not collect sensitive Personal Information or use it for purposes other than those allowed by the CCPA and its regulations.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it, such as to provide you with the service you have requested, and for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, contractual, or reporting requirements that apply to us.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- The right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, including the categories of Personal Information, the categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing Personal Information (if applicable), the categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information (if applicable), and the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The right to delete Personal Information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you;
- If we sell or share Personal Information, the right to opt out of the sale or sharing;
- If we use or disclose sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those allowed by the CCPA and its regulations, the right to limit our use or disclosure; and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of privacy rights the CCPA confers.
How to Submit a Request to Know, Delete, and/or Correct
You may submit a request to know, delete, and/or correct by emailing us at [email protected] or by calling us toll free at 1-866-469-9449.
If you are submitting a request on behalf of a California resident, please submit the request through one of the designated methods discussed above. After submitting the request, we will require additional information to verify your authority to act on behalf of the California resident.
Our Process for Verifying a Request to Know, Delete, and/or Correct
We will comply with your request upon verification of your identity and, to the extent applicable, the identity of the California resident on whose behalf you are making such request. We will verify your identity either to a “reasonable degree of certainty” or a “reasonably high degree of certainty” depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the risk of harm to you by unauthorized disclosure, deletion, or correction as applicable. To do so, we will ask you to verify data points based on information we have in our records concerning you.
Right to Opt Out of Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you have the right to direct us to stop selling or sharing your Personal Information. You may submit a request to [email protected] to opt out of sales or sharing.
If you have enabled privacy controls on your browser (such as a plugin), we will also treat that as a valid request to opt out. Please see the “Universal Opt-Out Mechanisms” section above for more information.
Shine the Light Law
We do not disclose personal information obtained through our Sites or Services to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, we have no obligations under California Civil Code § 1798.83.
For questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices, please contact us at:
Maxim Healthcare Staffing Services, Inc.
7223 Lee Deforest Drive
Columbia, MD 21046
ATTN: Privacy Officer